The FLYING SOLO SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM® provides scholarships to full-time, undergraduate, single parent college scholars in need of financial aid.
To apply for a new scholarship you must be attending the University of Colorado Colorado Springs or Pikes Peak Community College. To apply to renew your prior year scholarship, you must be attending the University of Colorado Colorado Springs or the University of Colorado Denver.
Competition for our scholarships is sometimes intense and not all applicants should expect to be awarded a scholarship. If you did not win a scholarship the first time you applied, you may wish to try again a year later. If you receive a scholarship, renewals are automatic provided that minimum criteria are met. The use of funds is not restricted.
Our goal is to award a minimum of fifty $5,000 scholarships (including renewals) annually to students attending the University of Colorado Colorado Springs or Pikes Peak Community College with the intent to transfer to UCCS. For the next couple of years, a limited number of these scholarships will be awarded to renewing scholars, who were previously awarded scholarships, while attending the University of Colorado Denver.
You should consider applying for a Flying Solo Scholarship if you:
- Are a single parent with primary responsibility for raising your children.
- Qualify for financial aid.
- Are an undergraduate who will be classified as a sophomore (having earned 24 credits at least) or higher at UCCS next semester or are enrolling in your final year at Pikes Peak Community College in a program that will lead to eligible transfer to UCCS the following year.
- Your Financial Aid Department is a good source of advice when trying to make a decision whether to apply.
Minimum GPA & Full-time Student Requirements:
- A 2.5 cumulative GPA, if at UCCS.
- If at Pikes Peak Community College, a cumulative GPA equivalent to that required by UCCS under your PPCC/UCCS transfer program (generally 2.5 or higher depending on the program). Your transcript will need to be reviewed by the UCCS transfer coordinator to determine eligibility.
- A commitment to timely graduation and full-time student status by earning a minimum of 24 degree relevant credit hours per year (fall, spring & summer combined) while in the scholarship program.
Annual New and Renewal Application Filing Deadline: May 31st